Rob Oldfield

Default Automate without add-ins

I'm writing something in .Net that automates Excel. That's generally fine
but I have an issue with a user who has an add-in installed such that
whenever they go into Excel, it pops up a login screen. Is there a way of
replacing...

objExcel=New Excel.Application

with

objExcel=New Excel.ApplicationWithNoAddIns

I know that I could probably do something like find the registry key that
tells Excel about the addin, turn that off, run Excel, and then switch it
back on - but that seems a bit kludgy. Is there a better way?

Dave Peterson

Are you positive?

I don't speak .Net, but when I automate from MSWord or from a .VBS, all the
addins and all the stuff in XLStart are not loaded.

If I look at tools|addins, I see that they're checked. But if I check in the
VBE for all the open projects, I only see the workbooks I created/opened.

--

Dave Peterson
Rob Oldfield

Hmm. Well I was. I was sure it went wrong last time I tried to run it but,
having just tried it again, it works.

Apologies for the dodgy question.

<Wanders off feeling a bit confused