supersimon2000

Default Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another

At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then
in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of
days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is
enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1
and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days
to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently
in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically
appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days at the top. I
would also like all of the clients together, not spread over 10 pages like
the original list.

I know how to use an IF formula to say if it is lower than 7 days put it on
to the new worksheet but this leaves me with a list of about 3 names spread
over 10 pages and not in days to deadline order order.

Please help!
Dave Peterson

If you can keep your data in one worksheet, you'll be able to do more things
with it.

I'd select those columns
data|filter|autofilter

Then you can use the dropdown arrow and choose custom
and choose to show only the values between 1 and 7 (inclusive).

If you want to see all, you can do: Data|Filter|show all

===
I've found that as soon as I have my data in multiple locations--even different
worksheets in the same workbook, it's not too long before they get out of sync.
One gets update and the other doesn't--or even worse--both get updated, but with
different values.

--

Dave Peterson