LittleNic71

Default F2 - Edit in cell

I have recently upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. In previous versions
i have been able to press the F2 button to edit the text or figures directly
in the cell. Since upgrading, i have not been able to do this but have had
to use the double-click method, which i find slow.

Can anyone tell me why i can no longer use the F2 button? For your
information, i have tried turning the 'Edit Directly In Cell' on and off
under options, but this does not make any difference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Jim Rech

F2 works the same in Excel 2003 as in all earlier versions. I wonder if
something being loaded is interfering. If you close Excel and run it from
Start-Run by entering "Excel.exe /s" (no quotes, there is a space before
the slash) that would eliminate the possibility.

--
Jim
"LittleNic71" wrote in message
| Thank you for your quick response David, but i had already tried this
without
| success.
|
| "David McRitchie" wrote:
|
| Tools, Options, Edit,
| turn OFF edit directly in cell
| ---
| HTH,
| David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]
| My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
| Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
|
| "LittleNic71" wrote in message
| I have recently upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. In previous
versions
| i have been able to press the F2 button to edit the text or figures
directly
| in the cell. Since upgrading, i have not been able to do this but
have had
| to use the double-click method, which i find slow.
|
| Can anyone tell me why i can no longer use the F2 button? For your
| information, i have tried turning the 'Edit Directly In Cell' on and
off
| under options, but this does not make any difference.
|
| I look forward to hearing from you.
|
| Many thanks

David McRitchie

Sorry about that, should have spent more time reading your posting than looking up the
option as you had already tried that.

The only possible thing I've found was error warning dialog possibly interfering.
I don't have Excel 2003.

Check out this thread -- the entire thread, involving macros, addins, trusted publisher.
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP09.p hx.gbl

Interesting I see this thread in Google without your original post, yet I saw and
answered your original post in the newsgroups. Looks like there are a lot of
Google Groups not picking up original posts from the Microsoft CDO web interface.
---

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Tools, Options, Edit,
turn OFF edit directly in cell
---
HTH,

"LittleNic71" wrote in message

I have recently upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. In previous versions
i have been able to press the F2 button to edit the text or figures directly
in the cell. Since upgrading, i have not been able to do this but have had
to use the double-click method, which i find slow.

Can anyone tell me why i can no longer use the F2 button? For your
information, i have tried turning the 'Edit Directly In Cell' on and off
under options, but this does not make any difference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

LittleNic71

Many thanks to both of you.

I started up Excel in safe mode & F2 was working ok. I have also disabled
trusted macros and restarted my PC. All working ok now.

Thank you again for your assistance.