David McRitchie

Default F2 - Edit in cell

Sorry about that, should have spent more time reading your posting than looking up the
option as you had already tried that.

The only possible thing I've found was error warning dialog possibly interfering.
I don't have Excel 2003.

Check out this thread -- the entire thread, involving macros, addins, trusted publisher.
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP09.p hx.gbl

Interesting I see this thread in Google without your original post, yet I saw and
answered your original post in the newsgroups. Looks like there are a lot of
Google Groups not picking up original posts from the Microsoft CDO web interface.
---
HTH,

"LittleNic71" wrote in message ...
Thank you for your quick response David, but i had already tried this without
success.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Tools, Options, Edit,
turn OFF edit directly in cell
---
HTH,

"LittleNic71" wrote in message

I have recently upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. In previous versions
i have been able to press the F2 button to edit the text or figures directly
in the cell. Since upgrading, i have not been able to do this but have had
to use the double-click method, which i find slow.

Can anyone tell me why i can no longer use the F2 button? For your
information, i have tried turning the 'Edit Directly In Cell' on and off
under options, but this does not make any difference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks