haitch2

Default Help with Dependant list boxes

Hi

Im trying to find a way of doing listboxs that are data dependant

I have a table with 3 rows of data

A , B,
C,
Course, mode,
Start date,
Computing, FT,
5-sept-2005,
Computing, FT,
30-sept-2005,
Computing, PT,
12-sept-2005,
Computing, PT,
8-feb-2006,
Internet Computing, EV,
20-sept-2005,
Networking, EV,
10-jan-2006,

(theres around 200 records with serval duplicate courses with different
mode and start dates)

I want it so that when a course is selected the next drop down box
would show the avalible mode of study (ie computing only has FT and PT)
and the the 3rd list box would show the advalible dates for the course
and mode.

Ive tryed the information at
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html which has given me some
insite to it but i am unsure how to make it work with all 3 list
boxes.

For some reason i cant get my brain around it.

Any Help or sugestions would be great.

Thanks

--
haitch2
haitch2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27677

Bob Phillips

See
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"haitch2" wrote in
message ...

[...]

haitch2

Thanks for the quick reply

Ive had a look at this page before but i cant see how it works with an
extra list box. I know it says roughly at the bottom but im unsure how
to get it to work with my table, or how to rearange my table so it
would work.

--
haitch2
haitch2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27677
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476617

Max

Perhaps you might also want to try the sample file* (link below)
which contains a working implementation of your intent:
http://www.savefile.com/files/6614201
DependentLists_haitch2_misc.xls

*File is derived from Debra's sample: DataValDynamic.xls
at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html
--
Rgds
Max

Bob Phillips

Post a workbook to me with details and I will try and do it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"haitch2" wrote in