Kevin

Default List boxes, drop down

Hi

2 question. i would like to use the data / validation function to restrict
cell entry to certain data. I want to use a List which I reference rather
than typing the data in the validation text box. However I want to have the
list set up on a different sheet. I can do this if the list is set up on the
same sheet. Any ideas?

Also is there a way that the cell might autosuggest. For instance if the
list contains the name "John" I would like if "john" pops up as soon as I
enter "J". This appears only to work if John has alrady been entered on
another record

Thanks in advance

--
Kevin
Dave Peterson

If you name that list (on the secondary worksheet), you can use that name in
data|validation.

See Debra Dalgleish's site:
particularly:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name

But the autocomplete doesn't work with data|validation. But it can work with a
combobox from the control toolbox toolbar:

(also from Debra's site)