Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Once only calculation - help please

Hi -

I'd be very grateful if someone can help me with a bit of macro code that might achieve this. Really having trouble as my programming skill is diabolical!!

I want to perform a "once only" calculation on rows of cells. When a reference cell changes from blank to a value it will trigger a calculation in another cell. When the reference cell changes subsequenlty it will not affect the value in the calculated cell.

e.g.

Cell - Formula - Value
--------------------

Step 1
A1 blank
B1 =A1 value blank

Step 2
A1 value 10
B1 =A1 value 10

Step3
A1 value 20
B1 =A1 value 10 (stays at value 10 irrespective of value in A1)

This operation would need to be replicated through hundreds of rows.

Thanks in advance.

Richard