Junior Member

Default SUM IF problem

I have the following formula
=SUM(IF(SCAR!$A$8:$A$9000=Sheet3!H$1,IF(SCAR!$H$8: $H$9000=Sheet3!$F44,1,0)))

And it seemed to work pretty well so I dragged it into 4 additional columns and 74 additional rows (allowing the non $ protected variables to change) and it worked on a few but then returns zeros everywhere else. It should continue to count the occurrances of what is input in the "F and H" but it just seems like Excel gave up after 25 stores and left the other 49 hanging.... see example below.... it picked up at the end but I wonder about that too because the store number (far left column (F column)) at the bottom are low, double digit numbers. The TOTAL on 178 is 30 and it should be spread between the 5 columns indicating to me what makes up the total.... Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!!

TOTAL LATE MFRB/C NO PMK ONHND+ OTHER
1 61 5 20 0 9 27
4 58 11 13 3 8 23
5 155 25 24 13 22 71
8 95 9 14 8 17 47
11 197 28 29 28 21 91
12 138 18 29 7 21 63
13 124 16 22 7 20 59
15 19 2 0 3 9 5
25 29 5 5 0 5 14
102 37 3 11 0 3 20
108 49 4 11 3 6 25
111 30 4 9 3 4 10
161 17 0 1 1 2 13
167 24 4 8 1 4 7
178 30 0 0 0 0 0
Max

Not sure whether this would help with the recalc / recalc efficiency issues,
but guess we could try the equivalent non-array SUMPRODUCT:

=SUMPRODUCT((SCAR!$A$8:$A$9000=Sheet3!H$1)*(SCAR!$ H$8:$H$9000=Sheet3!$F44))

--
Rgds
Max
"ttmannan" wrote in message

[...]

Junior Member

Max, I wish it would have worked, but unfortunately it didn't. Thanks for your suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

"ttmannan" wrote in message

[...]

Roger Govier

Hi

Max's solution should have worked. As an alternative (still using
SUMPRODCUT) you could try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(SCAR!$A$8:$A$9000=Sheet3!H$1),--(SCAR!$H$8:$H$9000=Sheet3!$F44))

You mention your other formula missing stores. It sounds as though some of the Store numbers are NUMBERS and some are TEXT.
In another column away from your data enter the formula =F44+1 and copy down. If you get errors, then those values are text not numeric. Get them all to the same format, and ensure that the comparison cell is of the same format, and you should be OK.

Regards

Roger Govier

Max Wrote:

Not sure whether this would help with the recalc / recalc efficiency
issues,
but guess we could try the equivalent non-array SUMPRODUCT:

=SUMPRODUCT((SCAR!$A$8:$A$9000=Sheet3!H$1)*(SCAR !$H$8:$H$9000=Sheet3!$F44))

--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"ttmannan" wrote in message
...-

I have the following formula
-
[...]

Max

Sorry to hear it didn't work, hope that Roger's response fared better for
you

Maybe also see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm
(Try CTRL+ALT+F9 to force full calculations ?)

And/or, take it out and try it in a new file with just the sheet: SCAR and
your sheet with the 75R x 15C formulas* in it (your current file probably
contains a few volcanic-loads of calcs for Excel to do <g)
*Use either your original array formula (which works), or the 2 alternative
SUMPRODUCT versions suggested
--
Rgds
Max