Dave

Default Why did my Excel file suddenly balloon in size?

I have an Excel file we use as an office schedule. It's essentially a
calendar with a tab for each month. When I updated the worksheet for 2006
the file size shot from 246K to 6.25M. Does anone have an idea why?

Thanks!!

Dave

No, I already checked that. The file is not shared, nor is there a history
tab.

Dave

"lunker55" wrote:

Is the file shared?

Joe

"Dave" wrote in message
I have an Excel file we use as an office schedule. It's essentially a
calendar with a tab for each month. When I updated the worksheet for 2006
the file size shot from 246K to 6.25M. Does anone have an idea why?

Thanks!!

Dave

All, I found the problem tab, deleted it and recreated it. Problem solved.

Thanks, Dave

"Dave" wrote:

No, I already checked that. The file is not shared, nor is there a history
tab.

Dave

"lunker55" wrote:

Is the file shared?

Joe

"Dave" wrote in message
I have an Excel file we use as an office schedule. It's essentially a
calendar with a tab for each month. When I updated the worksheet for 2006
the file size shot from 246K to 6.25M. Does anone have an idea why?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Boruta

Can you tell me how you found the problem tab? I have the same issue.
--
Thanks, Andy

"Dave" wrote:

No, I already checked that. The file is not shared, nor is there a history
tab.

Dave

"lunker55" wrote:

Is the file shared?

Joe

"Dave" wrote in message
I have an Excel file we use as an office schedule. It's essentially a
calendar with a tab for each month. When I updated the worksheet for 2006
the file size shot from 246K to 6.25M. Does anone have an idea why?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

Andy,
One of the solutions I was given was to find the last cell on the sheet
and then delete all the data except what I wanted (something to do with
erroneous data sometimes appearing later in a sheet). I used Ctrl+End to go
to the last cell in the sheet and then deleted all rows and columns up to
where my data ended. Then I would use Ctrl+End again to ensure that any
erroneous data was gone. On the problem tab I tried this approach but no
matter how many times I deleted rows and columns, Ctrl+End still took me well
past the end of my data. I finally gave up and just deleted the sheet and
the problem was solved.

Hope this works for you, Dave

"Dave" wrote:

No, I already checked that. The file is not shared, nor is there a history
tab.

Dave

"lunker55" wrote:

Is the file shared?

Joe

"Dave" wrote in message
I have an Excel file we use as an office schedule. It's essentially a
calendar with a tab for each month. When I updated the worksheet for 2006
the file size shot from 246K to 6.25M. Does anone have an idea why?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Boruta

Yeah...I ended up having to delete the sheet, as well. Thanks for the reply.
--
Thanks, Andy

"Dave" wrote:

No, I already checked that. The file is not shared, nor is there a history
tab.

Dave

"lunker55" wrote:

Is the file shared?