Kerry

Default We have an excel file that is 52 megs in size and do not know why.

My company has been using an excel file from year to year for bank records.
Only 2004 and 2005 is included however, the size is enormous - 57 megs. What
could cause the size to be so large? Is ther any type of purge function?
Dave Peterson

Just guesses...

The last used cell on each worksheet is way past where you think it should be.
See Debra Dalgleish's site to reset this last used cell.

Any chance you have objects (pictures/buttons/textboxes) in your workbook?

Sometimes pictures get duplicated by error.

--

Dave Peterson