Bram

Default filter companies that does not perform a year

I have a large dataset of the monthly performance of certain companies.
example
a1:a12 contain January till december of company A
a13:a24 contain January till decmber of company B

Some companies only have data from March till december. How can I filter
these companies out of the dataset.

So I only want companies included that reported performance for a whole year

Thanks!!

Bram

Thanks Stefi for your quick reply but I don't understand your formula
completely. Maybe my question wasn't clear enough.
I have a large dataset (over 20,000 rows) with monthly performance of
certain companies.
column A is the date (A1-A12 january-december for company 1; A13-A24
january-december for company 2 etc.)
Column B is the company name(B1-b12 company 1; B13-B24 company 2 etc.)
Column C is the monthly performance.

Some companies only reported performance for the months (e.g.) March till
december. I want to exclude those companies that didn't report performance
during a whole year.
You said that I must choose an unused helper column, say D, but what formula
do I need to type exactly for that whole column?

I hope you can help me one more time

thanks and regards,

Bram

"Bram" wrote:

I have a large dataset of the monthly performance of certain companies.
example
a1:a12 contain January till december of company A
a13:a24 contain January till decmber of company B

Some companies only have data from March till december. How can I filter
these companies out of the dataset.

So I only want companies included that reported performance for a whole year

Thanks!!

Stefi

If column A contains months, column B contains company names, olumn C
contains performance, then in cell D1 (January)

=COUNTIF(B:B,B1) will count how many times company name in B1 occurs in
column B. If company in B1 reported in all 12 month, it will give 12. Filling
down this formula in column D results in

D2: =COUNTIF(B:B,B2) also 12, because B1 = B2 (February)
D12: =COUNTIF(B:B,B12) also 12, because B1 = B12 (December)

Say company in B13 reported only from March to December, then
D13: =COUNTIF(B:B,B13) gives 10
D22: =COUNTIF(B:B,B22) gives 10

Filtering column D by the criterium =12 hides all rows containing 10 in
column D, so you will see rows for companies which occurs 12 times in column
B.

I hope it's clear now!

Regards,
Stefi