Terry

Default Calculator

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Gord Dibben

Terry

MS Office does not have a calculator AFAIK.

How do you activate it while in Excel?

Try the one under StartProgramsAcessoriesCalclator.

You can create a shortcut to that calculator.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:41:33 +0000 (UTC), "Terry"
wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Terry

Gord
I access the calculator in Excel via:Tools/Customise...then found under
COMMANDS, which I place on the MENUE bar in excel.

The route you suggested is the same calculator I suspect anyway, but as I
say I was wandering if I was able to place it on my TASKBAR so it was a
"click" away.?

Terry

wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general

use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed

somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Dana DeLouis

The program is called "calc.exe", and is found in the following folder in
Windows Xp.

C:\WINDOWS\system32

Right click, and drag the program to where you would like it. When you
release the right button, select "Create Shortcut."
HTH :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general

use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed

somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Gord Dibben

Terry

I see Dana has given you what you want, which is a shortcut to the Windows
Calc.exe but I have a question.....

In Excel...........ToolsCustomizeCommands and then what?

I don't see a calculator icon except for the Calculate Now icon under
CommandsTools.

Gord

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:23:51 +0000 (UTC), "Terry"
wrote:

Gord
I access the calculator in Excel via:Tools/Customise...then found under
COMMANDS, which I place on the MENUE bar in excel.

The route you suggested is the same calculator I suspect anyway, but as I
say I was wandering if I was able to place it on my TASKBAR so it was a
"click" away.?

Terry

.. .

wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general

use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed

somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Dana DeLouis

Hi Gord! In Excel XP, there is a slight "bug", errrr...I mean feature...
It's under Customize | Command Tab | Tools |
and the name is "Custom", not calculator. It's the one under the Camera
button. (two below "Calculate now") It looks like a calculator though.
HTH. :)
--

wrote:

Gord
I access the calculator in Excel via:Tools/Customise...then found under
COMMANDS, which I place on the MENUE bar in excel.

The route you suggested is the same calculator I suspect anyway, but as I
say I was wandering if I was able to place it on my TASKBAR so it was a
"click" away.?

Terry

. ..

wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general

use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed

somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Gary''s Student

Hi Gord:

Tools Customize Commands Tools ( in the catagories) then select
Calculate ( in the Commands field) (its near the camera) and drag it to a
toolbar.

This icon will bring up the calculator directly from Excel
--
Gary''s Student

wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general

use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed

somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

Gord Dibben

Thanks Dana.

I see the calculator icon now you have pointed out this little fact.

Has not been changed in 2003. Remains as "Custom".

Gord

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:27:35 -0400, "Dana DeLouis"
wrote:

Hi Gord! In Excel XP, there is a slight "bug", errrr...I mean feature...
It's under Customize | Command Tab | Tools |
and the name is "Custom", not calculator. It's the one under the Camera
button. (two below "Calculate now") It looks like a calculator though.
HTH. :)

Gord Dibben

Thanks

See Dana's posting about where/how to find it.

I was looking for a "Calculator" item.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:33:06 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Hi Gord:

Tools Customize Commands Tools ( in the catagories) then select
Calculate ( in the Commands field) (its near the camera) and drag it to a
toolbar.

This icon will bring up the calculator directly from Excel

Debra Dalgleish

Also, some keyboards have a Calculator button, that opens the calc.exe
program. On my Microsoft keyboard, it's above the number keypad.

Terry wrote:
XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Terry

Gord
If you scroll a little further you will see another calculator symbol with
the word "custom" against it...thats the one to drag to menu bar etc.

HTH

wrote:

XP Pro
Office 2003

I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general

use
when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed

somewhwere
so I do not have to open XL each time please.

TIA

David

Gord Dibben wrote

Has not been changed in 2003. Remains as "Custom".

Which of course can be changed to "Calculator" once on the toolbar.

--
David