tonymaguire

Default Text Cell Overflow

I am using Excel 2003. I am pasting data extracted into the clipboard
from a Lotus Notes application. The data includes cells of text
varying from tens of characters to hundreds of characters. When I
format the text cells to Type Text and Alignment Wraparound, the
results are inconsistent. In some cases I get the Cell Overflow #####
with only a small amount of text. In other cases quite large amounts
do not cause an overflow. My understanding is that a ell can accept
something like 32K characters.

--
tonymaguire
tonymaguire's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27819

Dave Peterson

Try formatting the cell as General (not Text).

And if you want to see more than about 1000 characters in the cell (not the
formulabar), you'll have to add some alt-enters every 80-100 characters.

And if you have lots of text, you may even have to adjust the rowheight
manually.

tonymaguire wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I am pasting data extracted into the clipboard
from a Lotus Notes application. The data includes cells of text
varying from tens of characters to hundreds of characters. When I
format the text cells to Type Text and Alignment Wraparound, the
results are inconsistent. In some cases I get the Cell Overflow #####
with only a small amount of text. In other cases quite large amounts
do not cause an overflow. My understanding is that a ell can accept
something like 32K characters.

--
tonymaguire
tonymaguire's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27819
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473279

--

Dave Peterson
Dave Peterson

If you open the file and click file|print preview, do you see anything?

If yes, then the visible window could be just off the screen.

Try window|arrange|tiled
and you can adjust that window the way you want.

tonymaguire wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I am pasting data extracted into the clipboard
from a Lotus Notes application. The data includes cells of text
varying from tens of characters to hundreds of characters. When I
format the text cells to Type Text and Alignment Wraparound, the
results are inconsistent. In some cases I get the Cell Overflow #####
with only a small amount of text. In other cases quite large amounts
do not cause an overflow. My understanding is that a ell can accept
something like 32K characters.

--
tonymaguire
tonymaguire's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27819
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473279

--

Dave Peterson

tonymaguire

Thanks Dave, will save me heaps of time. :)