Nell Fahey

Default Advanced Uninstaller PRO 2004

Has anyone heard of this program and know what it is used for?

I downloaded an Excel spreadsheet from the internet to my desktop. I then
changed the file's name. Immediately I had trouble with Excel and
immediately I deleted the downloaded file. In its place, appeared an icon to
install the "Advanced Uinstaller PRO 2004". I would like to believe this
program will clean up my mess and reset Excel back to the way it was, but
would like to be more certain before I unleash it.
--
All help appreciated.
Jim Cone

Nell,

Doesn't sound good. Notice the spelling of "Uinstaller".
Before you do anything, I would run a complete anti-virus check
and run at least two anti-spyware programs.
There are many bogus anti-spyware programs, so be careful.
Many of the bogus programs use a slight variation on the spelling of
genuine program names.
Spybot - Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE are well known and free.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Nell Fahey"