Jim Cone

Nell,

Doesn't sound good. Notice the spelling of "Uinstaller".
Before you do anything, I would run a complete anti-virus check
and run at least two anti-spyware programs.
There are many bogus anti-spyware programs, so be careful.
Many of the bogus programs use a slight variation on the spelling of
genuine program names.
Spybot - Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE are well known and free.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Nell Fahey"

wrote in message

Has anyone heard of this program and know what it is used for?
I downloaded an Excel spreadsheet from the internet to my desktop. I then
changed the file's name. Immediately I had trouble with Excel and
immediately I deleted the downloaded file. In its place, appeared an icon to
install the "Advanced Uinstaller PRO 2004". I would like to believe this
program will clean up my mess and reset Excel back to the way it was, but
would like to be more certain before I unleash it.
--
All help appreciated.