zero

Default find next number in list

hi all,

I am using excel to maintain a list of dvds I rent online, and the order
in which they are sent to me. There are three columns: first the number
the dvd has in my list, then the title, and lastly the number of when it
was sent, something like this:

1 dvd1 3
2 dvd2 1
3 dvd3
4 dvd4 2

Now, when I receive a new dvd (in the example: dvd3), I want to add the
next number (he 4) to the 3rd column. When the numbers get higher it
gets harder to find the next number manually. Is there any way to
automatically find this number, without using macros (for which I am too
lazy)?

TIA
Zero
Roger Govier

Hi

In another column, say in D1 enter
=MAX(C:C)+1
This will always give you the next number you need to use.
Perhaps if you place your cursor in cell A2 and WindowsFreeze Panes, then
cell D1 will always be visible as you scroll down your list.

Regards

Roger Govier