David Billigmeier

Wouldn't just MAX(), used on the column tracking which dvd's came first,
work? Or were you trying to get at something more involved?

Dave

"zero" wrote:

hi all,

I am using excel to maintain a list of dvds I rent online, and the order
in which they are sent to me. There are three columns: first the number
the dvd has in my list, then the title, and lastly the number of when it
was sent, something like this:

1 dvd1 3
2 dvd2 1
3 dvd3
4 dvd4 2

Now, when I receive a new dvd (in the example: dvd3), I want to add the
next number (he 4) to the 3rd column. When the numbers get higher it
gets harder to find the next number manually. Is there any way to
automatically find this number, without using macros (for which I am too
lazy)?

TIA
Zero