Jim

Default Find all cells with a number and mulitply

How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number
greater than zero and multiply each one by a number?
IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2
A1 Tom
A2 25
A3 0
G12 Bob
G13 25

I want to programatically (without using a macro) find
cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jim
Bob Phillips

Jim,

As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about
being 0 (0*n=0) or being text.

Try this

Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it
Select all the cells
Goto menu EditPastespecial
Click the Multiply option
OK out

Now clear the cell with 1.l2 in

--

HTH

RP

"Jim" wrote in message
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number
greater than zero and multiply each one by a number?
IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2
A1 Tom
A2 25
A3 0
G12 Bob
G13 25

I want to programatically (without using a macro) find
cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jim

Domenic

Try the following array formula...

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:G13),A1:G13*1.2))

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number
greater than zero and multiply each one by a number?
IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2
A1 Tom
A2 25
A3 0
G12 Bob
G13 25

I want to programatically (without using a macro) find
cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jim

Jason Morin

While you can multiply your text values by 1.2 and
nothing will happen, if you really want to just select
numerical values:

1. Key 1.2 into an open cell.
2. Copy that cell.
3. Press Ctrl+A.
4. Press F5 Special click "Constants" and uncheck
everything below except "Numbers".
5. Edit Paste Special and click "Multiply".

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.