excelsolutionsyorkshire

Default I check "windows in task bar", after restarting, it is no longer c

In Excel if I check "windows in task bar", (Tools, Opions, View Tab) after I
have restarted the machine this option is now unchecked. I have unchecked
"Group Similar Task Bar Buttons" in my Task Bar Properties
Dave Peterson

What version of excel are you running?

There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks.

If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have
permission to save this setting in your windows registry.

I'd talk to my IT folks to find out if they can fix it.

but....

Saved from a previous post...

You could create a new workbook saved into XLStart (or put this into your
personal.xls workbook) and it'll toggle that option each time you open a
workbook.

In the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents xlApp As Excel.Application
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set xlApp = Application
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Close()
Set xlApp = Nothing
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)

--

Dave Peterson
excelsolutionsyorkshire

Dave,

That makes a lot of sense. Many thanks.

You guessed right I am using xl2k. However I am not using shared workbooks.
I would prefer to wait to see if there are any alternative fixes for this
before I change the xl code.

All the same thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
Paul