NotIT

Default Combine Data

I have two columns, one is called LTV and one is called CLTV. I want to
combine the data in them into one. For example, if one of the rows in my
excel sheet had an LTV of 80 and a CLTV of 100, I want this info combined
into one cell/row/column that looks like this: 80/100

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!!!
Sloth

A2=80
B2=100
C2=A2&"/"&B2

The & character is how you combine text strings. You should know that your
output in C2 is text.

"NotIT" wrote:

I have two columns, one is called LTV and one is called CLTV. I want to
combine the data in them into one. For example, if one of the rows in my
excel sheet had an LTV of 80 and a CLTV of 100, I want this info combined
into one cell/row/column that looks like this: 80/100

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sloth

Typically you would want to keep all three columns. You have a couple
options if that's not what you want.

First: Hide columns A and B (right click columns and select hide). This
would allow you to change the values later. And you can still access the
columns with other formulas (like SUM, MIN, MAX, etc.).

Second: Copy and special paste column C (highlight, select copy, right
where you want to paste and select paste special). Then select values this
will past the results of C without the functions. You can then delete all
the columns you don't need. You should typically only do this if you don't
plan on changing anything later, or you plan on inputing the information in
the new format. Also note: you won't be able to use funtions like SUM, MAX,
MIN, etc. because it is all text now.

Hope this helps.