rrupp

Default rekey last entry

If I type in cell a1, for example, 450, and then push enter, is there a
keystroke that I can type that will put the same thing in the next cell.

In conclusion, in cell a1, I type 450 and then push enter which takes me to
cell a2,
is there a keystroke I can push that will put 450 in cell a2.

(Like in DOS, you hit the up arrow key, for the previous command) Any help
would be appreciated.
Dave Peterson

There's an option that tells excel which direction to move after you hit enter.

Tools|Options|Edit tab|Move Selection after Enter
(You'd choose down??)

then hit
ctrl-d
to duplicate the cell above

ctrl-" (control-doublequote)
will copy the formula in the cell above (exactly)

--

Dave Peterson