LAF

Default Data validation does not seem to work with copy/paste

I have set up some data validation for each cell within a range. When I
manually enter invalid data in one of those cells, the data validation
works and an error message pops up. When I copy from one cell with
data to another cell, where the data validation results in false, it
allows me to paste the value with no error message. Is there any way
to fix this?

--
LAF
LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9656

swatsp0p

Type "Data Validation" into Excel Help...and click on "troubleshooting
data validation"... you'll see:

Code:
--------------------
Copying, filling, and calculating by formula override my data validation.

Data validation is designed to display messages and prevent invalid entries only
when users type data directly in a cell. When data is copied, filled, or calculated
by a formula, the messages don't appear.

The help file goes on to list several ways to disable copy/paste to
prevent this issue.

HTH

Bruce

--