lunker55

Default Data Validation doesn't work on 1 sheet only

I have a Data Validation drop down that has stopped working in one sheet
only.
I made a new Data Validation in the same book, but in another sheet, and it
works.
I have checked ToolsOptionsViewObjects and SHOW ALL is checked.
Any ideas??
The drop down doesn't show and the error alert doesn't pop up if I enter an
invalid entry(It is turned on)
Joe

Ken Wright

Have you tried Data / Validation whilst in those cells, to confirm that it
is fact pulling from where you think it is.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"lunker55" wrote in message
I have a Data Validation drop down that has stopped working in one sheet
only.
I made a new Data Validation in the same book, but in another sheet, and

it
works.
I have checked ToolsOptionsViewObjects and SHOW ALL is checked.
Any ideas??
The drop down doesn't show and the error alert doesn't pop up if I enter

an
invalid entry(It is turned on)
Joe

lunker55

Yes I have.
In another sheet, I have a named list called "sites".
When I select a cell and do Data / Validation, it is there(=sites).

"lunker55" wrote in message
I have a Data Validation drop down that has stopped working in one sheet
only.
I made a new Data Validation in the same book, but in another sheet, and

it
works.
I have checked ToolsOptionsViewObjects and SHOW ALL is checked.
Any ideas??
The drop down doesn't show and the error alert doesn't pop up if I enter

an
invalid entry(It is turned on)
Joe

Ken Wright

How sensitive is your data? I'm curious now, so happy to take a look at the
book for what it is worth, but can't promise anything. You could always
delete the actual data and just leave a sheet that works and one that
doesn't and then mail me a copy. Your call.

Need to take the NOSPAM bit out of my email address though.

--

"lunker55" wrote in message
I have a Data Validation drop down that has stopped working in one

sheet
only.
I made a new Data Validation in the same book, but in another sheet,

and
it
works.
I have checked ToolsOptionsViewObjects and SHOW ALL is checked.
Any ideas??
The drop down doesn't show and the error alert doesn't pop up if I

enter
an
invalid entry(It is turned on)
Joe

lunker55

"Hi Joe - The workbook has corrupted, and the error repair facility
specifically lists Data Validation as having been lost. What version Excel
do you have?"

Excel 2003

"File / Open - select workbook - on the 'open' button bottom right on the
dialog box you will see a dropdown arrow - click and choose 'open and
repair'"

Success!
Thanks so much Ken,
Joe