Dominique Feteau

Default Data Validation w/ If, Match & Index Statements

I have 2 sheets. A5:A42 on "Summary" sheet is the same as A2:A39 on
"Monthly" sheet. On the summary sheet in B3, I have a Data Validation List
consisting of the values in Monthly!B1:N1, which are Dec-04 through Dec-05.

What I need is to be able to select B3 and change it to any one of those
months. when selected, B5:B42 on summary sheet will populate with the values
that match the values (B2:B32) under the month (B1:N1) on the monthly page.

So its using data validation (in Monthly!B1:N1 named "Months") to show the
values under the month on another page and be able to change anytime i use
the dropdown list on "summary".

Any help?

Dominique Feteau

Just for a little more clarification, Here are what the sheets look like

Summary

A B
2 Dec-04
3
4 text 41
5 text 25

Monthly

A B C
1 Dec-04 Jan-05
2 text 41 12
3 text 25 36

Pretty much, when B2 in "Summary" is changed to "Jan-05", I need for B4&B5
to change to 12 & 36 respectively.

"Dominique Feteau" wrote in message
I have 2 sheets. A5:A42 on "Summary" sheet is the same as A2:A39 on
"Monthly" sheet. On the summary sheet in B3, I have a Data Validation List
consisting of the values in Monthly!B1:N1, which are Dec-04 through Dec-05.

What I need is to be able to select B3 and change it to any one of those
months. when selected, B5:B42 on summary sheet will populate with the
values that match the values (B2:B32) under the month (B1:N1) on the
monthly page.

So its using data validation (in Monthly!B1:N1 named "Months") to show the
values under the month on another page and be able to change anytime i use
the dropdown list on "summary".

Any help?

Frank Kabel

Hi
in B4 of your summary sheet enter the following formula:
=HLOOKUP($B$2,'monthly'!$A$1:$N39,ROW()-ROW($B$2),0)
and copy this down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel