Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a dependent drop down list in Google Sheets in a whole columnnot just one row

Hello everyone,

I really need some help trying to complete this task. After trying and investigating all over I can't manage to figure this out. What I'm trying to achieve is to obtain a list of options in a drop down list based on another list shown in a drop down list.I have successfully done it with the first entry,but it is not possible to drag this set up to the remaining cells below because once you select the 2nd drop down list in the row beneath the first,the populate list corresponds to the the first row populated list.
I've been watching youtube videos about this matter,but no lucking undestanding how to do this.

Thank you for your time.

Please see attached file example
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 10:16:49 AM UTC-5, Joseph wrote:
Hello everyone,

I really need some help trying to complete this task. After trying and investigating all over I can't manage to figure this out. What I'm trying to achieve is to obtain a list of options in a drop down list based on another list shown in a drop down list.I have successfully done it with the first entry,but it is not possible to drag this set up to the remaining cells below because once you select the 2nd drop down list in the row beneath the first,the populate list corresponds to the the first row populated list.
I've been watching youtube videos about this matter,but no lucking undestanding how to do this.

Thank you for your time.

Please see attached file example

file link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KIU/edit#gid=0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suggest you review the basics for creating dependant dropdown lists here...

https://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

...then read the Google Sheets user guide for DataValidation basics. The key is
in how you define the named ranges containing your lists and so between these 2
suggested actions you should be able to *figure it out* so you can share it
with others using Google Sheets.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Member

hey, drop down lists are a bit confusing, but I found this article a bit helpful in terms of doing it in my spreadsheet. You can check this out for more information.

https://www.efinancialmodels.com/kno...tion-in-excel/