jdurrmsu

Default Placing a Return in a Function

I am trying to link two cells together with an return between them.
Everytime that I do this I end up with a little square in between the
two values. An example of the formula that I am using is as follows:

=A1&"
"&A2

I want my single cell A3 for example to look like this:

23
50

And not like this 23[]50.

Please Help. Thanks.

--
jdurrmsu
jdurrmsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27122

Mike

=a1&char(10)&a2
and that does not even work
Only workaround I can think of is wrapping the text and shrinking the column
width.
Or a3 has a1 and b3 has a2 and wiping out the border.

"jdurrmsu" wrote:

I am trying to link two cells together with an return between them.
Everytime that I do this I end up with a little square in between the
two values. An example of the formula that I am using is as follows:

=A1&"
"&A2

I want my single cell A3 for example to look like this:

23
50

And not like this 23[]50.

Please Help. Thanks.

--
jdurrmsu
jdurrmsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27122
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=467562

jdurrmsu

Thanks. I tried the Char(10) as well and it did not work. I forgot to
enable the word wrap function and that was the problem. Thanks.