Steve

Default Function to return the current Worksheet name?

Is there a function that returns the current Worksheet name? I am creating
multiple Worksheets by Copying and Pasting the same "template" sheet and
would like as much of the worksheet specific text as possible to be
generated automatically.

Thanks, Steve

Anne Troy

Try this, Steve:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_e xcel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the current Worksheet name? I am creating
multiple Worksheets by Copying and Pasting the same "template" sheet and
would like as much of the worksheet specific text as possible to be
generated automatically.

Thanks, Steve

Steve

Hi Anne, thanks for the fast response. Your solution took me 30 seconds to
implement & 30 minutes to understand! :)

Steve

news:cf71d$42c1daf3$97c5108d$31392@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the current Worksheet name? I am
creating
multiple Worksheets by Copying and Pasting the same "template" sheet and
would like as much of the worksheet specific text as possible to be
generated automatically.

Thanks, Steve

Steve

Thanks Barb, I had tried doing from within a VB macro but couldn't figure
out how to call the macro by invoking a function. I know I can invoke the
macro from a form but I don't want to start putting buttons or other form
elements on the worksheet.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the current Worksheet name? I am
creating multiple Worksheets by Copying and Pasting the same "template"
sheet and would like as much of the worksheet specific text as possible
to be generated automatically.

Thanks, Steve

Bob Phillips

Maybe something like this

Function ThisSheet() As String
ThisSheet = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

called from a worksheet with =ThisSheet()

--

HTH

RP

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the current Worksheet name? I am

creating
multiple Worksheets by Copying and Pasting the same "template" sheet and
would like as much of the worksheet specific text as possible to be
generated automatically.

Thanks, Steve

Steve

Thanks Bob, amazing how much easier things become when exact syntax is
available.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the current Worksheet name? I am

creating
multiple Worksheets by Copying and Pasting the same "template" sheet
and
would like as much of the worksheet specific text as possible to be
generated automatically.

Thanks, Steve

Excel 2003 worksheet name function? eddie_zoom Excel Worksheet Functions 3 June 16th 05 11:46 PM
Worksheet Function? Krefty Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 June 10th 05 02:01 AM
Function formula for simple worksheet mouse New Users to Excel 1 June 9th 05 03:00 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Function to return colour of formatted cell ExcelMonkey Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 1st 04 05:54 PM