hungryman

Default Function to return the latest non-zero value in a range of cells .

I have a list of dates witten sequentially in a row on the sheet. Under some
of these I have some values. I need to find the non-blank value associated
with the latest date. Is there an easy way of doing this?
Jason Morin

Try:

=INDEX(B1:B21,MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(B1:B21)*(B1:B21<0), ROW
(B1:B21))))

Array-entered (meaning press ctrl/shift/enter). Change
the ranges to suit.

This formula will pull the last value, skipping over
blanks, text values, and zeroes.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a list of dates witten sequentially in a row on

the sheet. Under some
of these I have some values. I need to find the non-

blank value associated
with the latest date. Is there an easy way of doing

this?
.

JulieD

Hi

to find the last non-blank value
=INDEX(A2:G2,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A2:G2))

to find the last non-zero value

=LOOKUP(2,1/(-A2:G2<0),A2:G2)

Hope this helps

Cheers