quiddity

Default Percentages

I need to set up a sheet whose columns will show red when cells between
.005 and 6.99, green when =7 and white when 0. I used conditional
formatting to achieve these results.<br<br

However, I also need a column that will take the number of green cells
and determine what percentage they constitute of the total of red and
green cells. I used COUNTIF and divided it by number of columns to
arrive at percentage, but this is a rigid formula. I need a formula
which calculates the percentage of green cells (=7) but which adjusts
according to the number of blank cells(0).<br<br

I want a formula which is flexible in the number of columns by which it
divides the total of green cells. Basically, the number of columns with
data varies from row to row. I have a total of 23 columns, but given
rows may contain 16, 19, or 23 cells of info. As such, I need to
determine the percentage of green according to a number of cells with
changeable data. The same row that has 14 cells of data now, may have
19 later and possibly 16 later still.<br<br

If this isn't clear enough, please let me know. I GREATLY appreciate
any help.

--
quiddity
quiddity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27202

swatsp0p

Try this: (adjust the ranges to meet your data range)

=COUNTIF(A1:M20,"=7")/COUNTIF(A1:M20,".005")

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=467162

calculating percentages msdobe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 July 29th 05 04:46 PM
Calculating Percentages tifosi3 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 July 11th 05 08:42 PM
Percentages Sharon New Users to Excel 1 February 2nd 05 09:26 PM
Calculating Percentages with Variables tssjhs Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 28th 05 01:27 AM
Percentages error Smudger Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 23rd 04 02:01 PM