Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Coloring table based on value

Hi,

I have been experimenting with the Conditional Formatting in Excel but I cannot get it to work for me.

What I would like to do is have a cell background changed depending on the value in that cell compared to a target value.

For example say the goal is 10%, if it is above I'd like the background to be red, if below green and if within .5% make it orange.

Preferably I'd like to do this without conditional formatting as I want to be able to apply it to a lot of fields any not have to make multiple rules for each one. Also each field has a different target.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how?

Thanks,
Alex.