-   -   Coloring table based on value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/450976-coloring-table-based-value.html)

[email protected]

Coloring table based on value

Hi,

I have been experimenting with the Conditional Formatting in Excel but I cannot get it to work for me.

What I would like to do is have a cell background changed depending on the value in that cell compared to a target value.

For example say the goal is 10%, if it is above I'd like the background to be red, if below green and if within .5% make it orange.

Preferably I'd like to do this without conditional formatting as I want to be able to apply it to a lot of fields any not have to make multiple rules for each one. Also each field has a different target.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how?

Thanks,
Alex.

Claus Busch

Coloring table based on value

Hi Alex,

Am Sun, 5 Jul 2015 19:15:26 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

For example say the goal is 10%, if it is above I'd like the background to be red, if below green and if within .5% make it orange.

your values in column A. Select your data = CF = New Rule = Formula
to determine...

=AND(A1=0,095;A1<=0,105) orange
=A10,1 red
=A1<0,1 green

The rule for orange must be the FIRST rule

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

[email protected]

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 3:48:42 PM UTC+10, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Alex,

Am Sun, 5 Jul 2015 19:15:26 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

For example say the goal is 10%, if it is above I'd like the background to be red, if below green and if within .5% make it orange.

your values in column A. Select your data = CF = New Rule = Formula
to determine...

=AND(A1=0,095;A1<=0,105) orange
=A10,1 red
=A1<0,1 green

The rule for orange must be the FIRST rule

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Hi Claus,

Thank you for your information it has helped me solve my problem!

Regards,
Alex