Junior Member

Default Excel 2007 strange behavior

Hi everyone. I am using Office 2007 programs on windows 7. And when I try to open excel file I get the next message:”There was a problem sending the command to the program”. The strange thing is if I open the file under Excel – Open, it works. But if I try open it by clicking on the file icon, I get this error message.
First I thought maybe that the problem is due to another program using Excel, I mean add-ins, so I disabled it, but still the same issue. Also I read some forums describing the similar problems, but all that I found are errors relating to Word, not to Excel. I was so frustrated that I uninstalled and reinstalled office after all. This did not help.
It is really annoying problem. Please help me to solve it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi everyone. I am using Office 2007 programs on windows 7. And when I
try to open excel file I get the next message:€ťThere was a problem
sending the command to the program€ť. The strange thing is if I open
the file under Excel €“ Open, it works. But if I try open it by
clicking on the file icon, I get this error message.
First I thought maybe that the problem is due to another program
using Excel, I mean add-ins, so I disabled it, but still the same
issue. Also I read some forums describing the similar problems, but
all that I found are errors relating to Word, not to Excel. I was so
frustrated that I uninstalled and reinstalled office after all. This
did not help. It is really annoying problem. Please help me to solve
it.

Home Excel Options Advanced
Scroll down to General section
Clear option #3 (Ignore other applications...)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MS Excel File corruption is very difficult situation for every user. But it can be easily fix by using any third party Excel Repair Tool.

If your Excel file is corrupted then it can show many errors messages on your windows when you try to open it.

These errors a

"The file is corrupt and cannot be opened"
"error in module 1"
"unspecified error"
"undefined reference"

These types of tools are available free on the internet so download any repair tool and fix any errors and repair your MS Excel file.

Using google search comes up with various softwares you could try? ie: http://www.mannatsoftware.com/stella...el-repair.html .Most likely you will have to try various until you find one that either works or you decide it's unrecoverable.

Thanks