Sachairi Sachairi is offline
Junior Member

Default Excel 2007 strange behavior

Hi everyone. I am using Office 2007 programs on windows 7. And when I try to open excel file I get the next message:”There was a problem sending the command to the program”. The strange thing is if I open the file under Excel – Open, it works. But if I try open it by clicking on the file icon, I get this error message.
First I thought maybe that the problem is due to another program using Excel, I mean add-ins, so I disabled it, but still the same issue. Also I read some forums describing the similar problems, but all that I found are errors relating to Word, not to Excel. I was so frustrated that I uninstalled and reinstalled office after all. This did not help.
It is really annoying problem. Please help me to solve it.