Junior Member

Default Slicers and Calculated Items in Pivot Table

I have a Pivot Table/Pivot Chart with slicers. There are 4 slicers attached. When one slicer is filtered the other slicers will filter(grey out) accordingly. But I also have some calculated items in Column Label field. When 1 of these calculated items is selected, the slicers all lose their filter link to each other. (unavailable items in other slicers are no longer greyed out) Non-calculated items don't affect the slicers this way.

Once the slicers are unlinked I can't get them to link with each other again.(I have to open an earlier copy)
All the slicer fields are in the Report Filter section of pivot and data is too large to move these fields to row labels section of pivot.
Pivot source is a MS query connection to an Access database.
Calculated Items are ratios and are calculated to the desired level by the use of the Report Filters.

This workkbook will be used by management so I need an easy way to select only items that are still 'available' after 1 or more of the Report Filters is used. Slicers looked like the answer but any suggestions would be helpful.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by League View Post
Once the slicers are unlinked I can't get them to link with each other again.(I have to open an earlier copy)
Slicers do relink when calculated items are filtered out.
Junior Member

I figured out a workaround for my issue.

My calculated items are ratios and I need the ability to roll up to different levels so I created a second pivot table with just my slicer fields as report filters and attached slicers. The fields are also Report Filters in the first pivot. Got the idea from this site:http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2010/12...s-in-formulas/ Slicers are not attached to first pivot. Then I run a macro that updates the first pivot Report Filters with values from the second pivot. User selects wanted values in the slicers then clicks button to run macro. I only want "all" or one value at a time in each slicer so this works for me. Not as elegant as I would like but it works.