Junior Member

Default Top 5 list if data meets a criteria

Hi all,

I am trying to create a top 5 list but i only want data to be pulled into the list if it meets a criteria from another column. I have attached an example sheet but basically I have 3 columns...a quote number, days since quoted, and quote amount. I want to create a top 5 list showing the top 5 quote amounts IF it has been quoted within 30 days. I am using the LARGE function to list the top 5 quote amounts and the INDEX/MATCH to show which quote number is associated with that quote amount and tried throwing in an IF statement to make it do what I want but I am having some difficulty. If there is a formula that can do this that would be great since I'm not too experienced with macros.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Top 5 quotes.zip (7.1 KB, 37 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Am Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:21:46 +0000 schrieb sroeder:

I am trying to create a top 5 list but i only want data to be pulled
into the list if it meets a criteria from another column. I have
attached an example sheet but basically I have 3 columns...a quote
number, days since quoted, and quote amount. I want to create a top 5
list showing the top 5 quote amounts IF it has been quoted within 30
days. I am using the LARGE function to list the top 5 quote amounts and
the INDEX/MATCH to show which quote number is associated with that quote
amount and tried throwing in an IF statement to make it do what I want
but I am having some difficulty. If there is a formula that can do this
that would be great since I'm not too experienced with macros.

try in C12:
=LARGE($C$2:$C$8,ROW(A1))
and copy dowmn

in B12:
=INDEX($A$1:$A$8,MATCH(C12,$C$1:$C$8,0))
and copy down

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroeder View Post
Hi all,

I am trying to create a top 5 list but i only want data to be pulled into the list if it meets a criteria from another column. I have attached an example sheet but basically I have 3 columns...a quote number, days since quoted, and quote amount. I want to create a top 5 list showing the top 5 quote amounts IF it has been quoted within 30 days. I am using the LARGE function to list the top 5 quote amounts and the INDEX/MATCH to show which quote number is associated with that quote amount and tried throwing in an IF statement to make it do what I want but I am having some difficulty. If there is a formula that can do this that would be great since I'm not too experienced with macros.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Enter the below formula in cell C12 and confirm it as an array formula by pressing Ctrl, Shift & Enter rather than just Enter then copy down.

=LARGE(IF(B$2:B$8<=30,C$2:C$8,""),A12)

You will see if it's entered correctly as it will be in curly brackets { }
Junior Member

Perfect! Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post