Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Validation Drop Down List if cell meets criteria

Hi,
Need some help. In my spreadsheet, Column B has a dropdown list of depts.
Need to know if there is a way of making Column C show only a dropdown list
of employees in that department. For example, if the dept chosen in Column B
is management, Mary, Joe & Paul would only show on the dropdown menu in
column C. But if the dept was human resources in Column B, Kathy, Mark &
Mike would show on the dropdown menu in column C (not Mary, Joe & Paul). Is
this possible? Thanks in advance for your help!
--
clueless
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
yes it's possible with dependent lists see Debra examples

if this helps please click yes thanks

"clueless" wrote:

Hi,
Need some help. In my spreadsheet, Column B has a dropdown list of depts.
Need to know if there is a way of making Column C show only a dropdown list
of employees in that department. For example, if the dept chosen in Column B
is management, Mary, Joe & Paul would only show on the dropdown menu in
column C. But if the dept was human resources in Column B, Kathy, Mark &
Mike would show on the dropdown menu in column C (not Mary, Joe & Paul). Is
this possible? Thanks in advance for your help!
--
clueless

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out the below articles by Debra..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"clueless" wrote:

Hi,
Need some help. In my spreadsheet, Column B has a dropdown list of depts.
Need to know if there is a way of making Column C show only a dropdown list
of employees in that department. For example, if the dept chosen in Column B
is management, Mary, Joe & Paul would only show on the dropdown menu in
column C. But if the dept was human resources in Column B, Kathy, Mark &
Mike would show on the dropdown menu in column C (not Mary, Joe & Paul). Is
this possible? Thanks in advance for your help!
--
clueless

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Thanks for all your help. I decided to go with the Val 13. It took a while
but finally got it. I do have one more question. Can there be another
validation off of employee (meaning dept breaks down to employee, employee
breaks down to the task at hand and then the task breaks down to a specific
task - example accounting, Mary, receivables, posting cash)? Not sure if I
picked the correct html. Any suggestions. Thanks again, very much
appreciated.
--
clueless