Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Currency autofit

Hi

I'm using Excel 2000 (yes, I know) and when cells are formatted to Currency (with a £ sign at the beginning) the autofit doesn't work. I end up with ##### in the cells. It seems that Excel is autofitting to the biggest number rather than the biggest number with a £ at the beginning.
Has anyone seen this before and, more importantly, is there an easy way round it? I need it to work correctly for a macro I'm writing.
Thanks.
maccboy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After serious thinking maccboy wrote :
Hi

I'm using Excel 2000 (yes, I know) and when cells are formatted to
Currency (with a £ sign at the beginning) the autofit doesn't work. I
end up with ##### in the cells. It seems that Excel is autofitting to
the biggest number rather than the biggest number with a £ at the
beginning. Has anyone seen this before and, more importantly, is
there an easy way round it? I need it to work correctly for a macro
I'm writing. Thanks. maccboy

Are you saying that Double-clicking the column's right border doesn't
work?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes! I've never seen it before but I don't use Currency format much.
It happens on two separate machines too.
maccboy

Interesting! When I enter long digits the col width auto-adjusts in my
version of XL2000 Pro! Mind you, I only set A1:B1 to Currency style and
not entire columns. (Not that it should make any difference, unless
it's resource related)