Peter

Default Single worksheet, multiple pages?

Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter
JulieD

Hi peter

i'm not sure what you're problem is - sounds like you've set it up and got
it working like you want - how would you like it to be different?

cheers
JulieD

"Peter" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount
of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Gord Dibben

Peter

My guess........

Hide the blocks of rows you don't want printed?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:21:01 -0800, "Peter"
wrote:

Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

IanRoy

Hi, Peter;
If your worksheet already has the data you want to print in the right
positions for your pre-printed forms,try something like this: copy the
contents of that sheet and Paste Special Formats into a new sheet. Then copy
and Paste Special Paste Link from only the cells you want to print into the
matching cells on your new sheet. Then use that one for printing.
Regards,
IanRoy.

"Peter" wrote:

Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Peter

Hello again, and thankyou for the replies so far.
I wish it was as simple as just being able to hide the rows I don't need to
print, problem is 99% of the people about to use what I am doing have zero
computer skills..anything other then filling in a text box is out of the
scope for them.

Julie, I do have the page setup as it needs to be, it's just the printing
part that has me baffled. After I select the cells that need to be printed,
(in diffrent area's on the page) it breaks the single page into five small
pages. Using the Page break preview shows exactly that.

What I really need to be able to do, is select the cells required, and have
them all print to the same page in their current position. I was hoping there
was a macro or similar to allow this. I have tried everything I can think
of...

Regards
Peter

"Peter" wrote:

Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Ron de Bruin

Maybe you like this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

JulieD

Hi Peter

sounds like Ron's solution worked - however, please feel free to post back
if you have any further queries.

Cheers
JulieD

"Peter" wrote:

Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do
not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed
forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet.
Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small
amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Ragdyer

You could also explore "Custom Views".

This feature allows you to save individual sections of a WB, hiding and even
changing some formats, and *also* saving individual print areas and
settings.
You could also place a window on the toolbar, displaying exactly which view
is "in force", and allowing navigation between views with a single click of
the mouse, therefore easily enabling a different print area setting.
--
HTH,

RD

"Peter" wrote in message

Hello,
I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do

not
want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed

forms),
have used the set print area option to exclude those area's.

The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet.

Each
page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small

amount of
the full worksheet on each.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Peter

Thanks for the tip Ragdyer.
And thankyou again to all who replied.
I hope this post will help someone else with a similar problem down the track.

Regards
Peter