Junior Member

Default How to create a dynamic table based on a set of other nested attributes

I am trying to create a test model in Excel, and I have a configuration/metric style tab where a user can enter how many passes and cycles are required (up to 4 each). Each test pass has the same x number of cycles.

I then need a table in my main sheet, based on that configuration entry, that self-populates up to 16 rows (the maximum allowable).

I will give a couple of examples:

Example 1: 3 Passes, 2 Cycles are entered. The main sheet shows:

Row 1: Pass 1 Cycle 1
Row 2: Pass 1 Cycle 2
Row 3: Pass 2 Cycle 1
Row 4: Pass 2 Cycle 2
Row 5: Pass 3 Cycle 1
Row 6: Pass 3 Cycle 2
Rows 7-16: Blank

Example 2: 2 Passes, 4 Cycles
Row 1: Pass 1 Cycle 1
Row 2: Pass 1 Cycle 2
Row 3: Pass 1 Cycle 3
Row 4: Pass 1 Cycle 4
Row 5: Pass 2 Cycle 1
Row 6: Pass 2 Cycle 2
Row 7: Pass 2 Cycle 3
Row 8: Pass 2 Cycle 4
Rows 9-16: Blank

The key here is that the table / rows "self populates" automatically. I tried building with a bunch of nested IF statements but it gets too complex with there being so many

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks