Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Avi Avi is offline

Default Pivot table - How to create dynamic filters

I want to generate a Pivot table based on some filters. e.g. my data
contains project start and end dates in two columns. i have close to
100 projects in my data.

Now if I generate the pivot for whole data, I see all the projects. I
want to filter the projects for which either of start or end date is
between two given dates (user entered).

I had been breaking my head for long to acheive this.

Please help.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I hope someone else is kind enough to provide you an answer you can
use.

Here is one you can't use - but you should at least know about.

If your data is in SQL Server its time you upgraded SQL Server, picked
up Visual Studio, and started using Cubes.

(100 Projects and not using cubes. Tee hee hee. A ha ha ha ha ha ha.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Incidentally Cubes are external data sources that Excel understands.
You can think of them as prebuilt privot tables. They are designed for
precisely what you want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
You could add an extra column to your source data, with a formula to set
True or false dependent upon whether the dates fall within the specified
range.
Then just filter the PT for True on that column.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

oups.com...