Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cursednomore

Default Using dynamic range to create pivot table

I have data that is downloaded on a weekly basis, and am trying to create a
macro to create a pivot table for an end user who is not very Excel fluent.
Because the size of the data will change each week, I used the information at
Debra Dalgleish's web site:

However, when I try to run the Pivot Table wizard, and select the named
range as the range to get the data from, it tells me "reference is not
valid". I feel that I must be missing something, but have no clue as to what
it is. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Perhaps the named range includes a blank column. To check:
Choose InserNameDefine
Select the dynamic range in the list
Click in the Refers To box, and the range should be outlined with
marching ants.
If it's not the range you expected, you can adjust the formula.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cursednomore

Worked like a charm, so now I have it so that it will run the macro when the
workbook is opened. Thanks very much!

cursednomore wrote:
I have data that is downloaded on a weekly basis, and am trying to create a
macro to create a pivot table for an end user who is not very Excel fluent.
Because the size of the data will change each week, I used the information at
Debra Dalgleish's web site:

However, when I try to run the Pivot Table wizard, and select the named
range as the range to get the data from, it tells me "reference is not
valid". I feel that I must be missing something, but have no clue as to what
it is. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, I wonder if you could help me with the problem you had. How did you
incorporate the dynamic range into the macro for your pivottable please?
My data comes from a file that is downloaded from another program so I would
have to name the range in the macro. Is this possible, and if so would you be
able to tell me how please?

Thanks in advance.