Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Michael is offline

Default Using dynamic range to create pivot table

Hi, I wonder if you could help me with the problem you had. How did you
incorporate the dynamic range into the macro for your pivottable please?
My data comes from a file that is downloaded from another program so I would
have to name the range in the macro. Is this possible, and if so would you be
able to tell me how please?

Thanks in advance.

"cursednomore" wrote:

I have data that is downloaded on a weekly basis, and am trying to create a
macro to create a pivot table for an end user who is not very Excel fluent.
Because the size of the data will change each week, I used the information at
Debra Dalgleish's web site:

However, when I try to run the Pivot Table wizard, and select the named
range as the range to get the data from, it tells me "reference is not
valid". I feel that I must be missing something, but have no clue as to what
it is. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!!