David Clark

Default Golf Handicaps

Does anyone know how to obtain an Excel worksheet that calculates golf
handicaps? I would try to develop my own but don't know the mysteries of
golf handicap calculation.

Myrna Larson

Several years back I posted code to do this. You can probably find it on
Google.

I had no idea how to calculate a golf handicap, either, but a quick Google
search revealed all.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:14:14 +0000 (UTC), "David Clark"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to obtain an Excel worksheet that calculates golf
handicaps? I would try to develop my own but don't know the mysteries of
golf handicap calculation.

Fred Smith

A golf handicap is 96% of the best 10 of your last 20 games. To calculate it,
you need to:

1. For each game, calculate your differential (your score minus the course
rating)
2. Sum the lowest 10 differentials in the last 20 games.
3. Multiply by 96%.

Fred

"David Clark" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to obtain an Excel worksheet that calculates golf
handicaps? I would try to develop my own but don't know the mysteries of golf
handicap calculation.

Myrna Larson

Hmmm.... The info I found was a bit more complicated than that. AIR, it
involved values for course ratings and course slopes, as well as your scores.