Junior Member

Default Scatter charts for name with two values

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination in excel 2007 but have become very frustrated in trying to simply produce a scatter chart that does the following. I am tryin to produce a chart that shows sales of 2 different products in specific areas. E.g. 190 towns each having sales figures for product 1 and also for product 2. If I just select the sales data and produce the chart it works fine in that sales of product1 are on X axis and product 2 sales on Y axis. But if I attempt to show the town in which the sales take place, i.e. still have sales on X and X and Y axes and the single points as towns I cannot get it to work. The chart always resorts to sales of a product on Y axis and the towns (as numbers) on the X axis. Other product sales now displayed as a separate point on chart. Not what I was looking for. The only way I have discovered to rectify this is to select data, edit each line and set as a separate series for each row. This is ok for a few lines but not for the 190 that I wish to do. Is there a simple way of producing chart that I am looking for? Any help gratefully received.Just to confirm this is for excel 2007

Last edited by Hyaenaman : September 13th 12 at 08:02 AM Reason: More info added for specific excel