sroe9738

Default scatter charts

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple scatter graph. The thing is, the requestor
wants the data markers to vary, based on a 3rd value.

Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
Tushar Mehta

The easiest is to use an add-in such as Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler
(www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com).
To do the task by hand, see Data Labels
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...els/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hi,

I am trying to create a simple scatter graph. The thing is, the requestor
wants the data markers to vary, based on a 3rd value.

Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

bj

one of the ways to do this is to use multiple data series with if statements
which woul deither use the value of the point or a value outside the plot
range depending on the criteria. Then plot all of these secondary data sets
and format the symbols as wanted for each criteria.

"sroe9738" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple scatter graph. The thing is, the requestor
wants the data markers to vary, based on a 3rd value.

Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Jon Peltier

PMFJI, but a few pictures is worth a few thousand words. This page
illustrates the technique bj has suggested:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP