Junior Member

Default Data Validation Tool and Tables Trouble

I am not an expert by any means at excel nor am I completely new to the program, but I use it so infrequently and to such a small percent of its capability that I am having a heck of a time with this tracker I am making. My unit asked me to track vacation time and to make it so we are restricting personnel within the same section and technical level from having overlapping vacation time. In the first example there are 3 people in the section so I made tables for all 3 of them that would populate the vacation start and end dates and then in turn use that information as a check for other vaction requests so that the entry would not validate if the vacation time took place inbetween anyone elses time off dates. I don't know if I am way off but it seems like I had it figured out and then I cleared the dates in the origtinal fields and was having issues because of the defalt blank format to a date of 01/01/1900. I corrected that with an IF script that returned "" in that situation but the data validation which I have set to the respective column of the table (perhaps this is the problem) that heads off the start or end dates in an attempt to check all such dates. If anyone can help me out here I can upload the file or share whatever further information you may need, but this is driving me nuts and I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you very much in advance for any help offered.