Junior Member

Default Trouble With Data Validation And Filtering On A Dropdown

Hi all,

I need help! I created a dropdown menu using Data Validation and a dynamic range, so that anything typed into the range automatically appears on the dropdown.

The formula I used for this was a Defined Name of:

=OFFSET('Priority List'!$C$6,1,0,COUNTA('Priority List'!$A:$A),1)

Where C6 is the header cell of the column and I want the range to go on to the end.

What I want to know is how I can filter that dropdown so that when I select "A" from the dropdown menu, all the rows that do not have "A" in the C-column are hidden (like what happens with Autofilter). Is there any way to do this?

I am pretty new to the tough aspects of Excel, so please try to keep it relatively simple.

Thanks!