Junior Member

Exclamation Where to Start

Hi All,

I would like some guidance on where it would be best to start. I have a set of data, extracted from a MySQL database into Excel. This data then needs to be randomly assigned to 5 different users based on their ranking.

So as an example I have 100 records all ranked as:
15 Bronze,
50 Silver,
20 Gold,
15 Platinum.

The users are ranked 1 - 5. However you could have two users equally ranked.
So lets assume:
User 1 = Rank 1
User 2 = Rank 2
User 3 = Rank 2
User 4 = Rank 4
User 5 = Rank 5

All the users need to be assigned the same amount of records (20), but User 1 needs to have more Platinum records assigned to them than any of the other users. User 5 needs to have more Bronze records assigned to them than the other users.

So can anyone suggest a way of doing this?
Can I do it with a SQL query?
OR
Would it be easier to do it with a marco?