Junior Member

Question Excel Invoice help

i am try to make an invoice in excel that i can have a drop down box with numbers in 1 to 500 that when i pick one it will Auto Insert name & address form a spreed sheet i have with the name & address in it

Sorry if that do not make any sense as i new to excel

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Invoice help

--

fredsat

Hi
See link attached:
http://cjoint.com/?BHeojVdfr3c
It's a sample file
HTH
Cimjet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, 3 August 2012 21:48:18 UTC+1, fredsat wrote:
i am try to make an invoice in excel that i can have a drop down box

with numbers in 1 to 500 that when i pick one it will Auto Insert name &

address form a spreed sheet i have with the name & address in it

Sorry if that do not make any sense as i new to excel

Many thanks

--

fredsat

thats what i need how to i make the drop down list plz email me thanks
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Friday, 3 August 2012 21:48:18 UTC+1, fredsat wrote:
i am try to make an invoice in excel that i can have a drop down box

with numbers in 1 to 500 that when i pick one it will Auto Insert name &

address form a spreed sheet i have with the name & address in it

Sorry if that do not make any sense as i new to excel

Many thanks

--

fredsat

thats what i need how to i make the drop down list plz email me thanks
Hi,

If you want you can email the current invoice file to me. I will help you accomplish what you need and give clear explanation of how it's done so you can do the same in the future.

Email it to pubnut @ gmail . com (with no spaces)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 8:07:20 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
On Friday, 3 August 2012 21:48:18 UTC+1, fredsat wrote:

i am try to make an invoice in excel that i can have a drop down box

with numbers in 1 to 500 that when i pick one it will Auto Insert name &

address form a spreed sheet i have with the name & address in it

Sorry if that do not make any sense as i new to excel

Many thanks

--

fredsat

thats what i need how to i make the drop down list plz email me thanks

See this link with Instruction sheet:
http://cjoint.com/?BHfulgyS0X0
Cimjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See this link with Instruction sheet:

http://cjoint.com/?BHfulgyS0X0

Cimjet

Correction in the instruction, use these instruction.
These instruction are from Excel 2003 and if you're using 2007 or 2010, the menus are very different.

First, I created a name range by highlighting (Selecting) the numbers on the Customer Tab then going to menu "InsertNameDefine. As per sample.
In the Top Window I type in the name range anything you like then press the ADD button. I called it "Account" and your done.
Now select the cell you want the dropdown and go to DataValidation, choose List in the first window(Box) and in the second box type in the name of your Name range with the equal sign before it, as per sample. Make sure
"In-cell dropdown" is selected and your finish.
Junior Member

In spite of the fact that we need to invest in a printer and computer for using this facility, it helps in the long run as effectively as possible.