Junior Member

Default CSV file conversion + True/False over multiple columns of data

Okay I've been lurking for a few days looking through some threads trying to find out a way to accomplish the task I want.

Thru a SQL comparison tool, I've got about 20 tables of data to compare test and production environments. These files are output as a .csv file. I might have anywhere from 10 to 240 columns of data that is in the .csv file.

What I'd like to know if it's possible:
Take the .csv file, import it into Excel 2010 with columns using the commas as a separator, and then have a True/False script run that will then cleanup the data and only show me the data if Column A does not match what Column B has.
Optional: Add a color highlight to match the side by side columns, aka light blue for Column A/B, light yellow for Columns C/D, all the way to the end.

As a heads up, this is not my primary job role, and programming is something my experience is very, very light. Any points in the right direction or links to other threads I might have overlooked would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any sample files if necessary both in terms of source files and the desired output.

Thank you all ahead of time for any and all direction or assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I might suggest a different approach than opening the CSVs in Excel.
You could use standard VBA file I/O to read the data into an array,
iterate the array for the data to keep and put that into an output
array. When the 'DataToKeep' has been collected then 'dump' it into a
worksheet.

I suggest using just 1 color to shade your columns so that every odd
(or even) set is shaded and the sets between are not. So cols A/B would
be light green, say, cols C/D would be normal, cols E/F would be light
green, cols G/H would be normal, ..and so on.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc